Thursday, August 5, 2010

Oreo Balls

I love trying new recipes...but I will only try them if they were recommended by a friend, or if they got high reviews on allrecipes.com or recipezaar.com.  I believe I found this recipe on recipezaar as I was looking for a sweet treat to take to a potluck. They were a big hit and I definitely recommend this for chocolate lovers!

Ingredients
1 package regular size Oreo cookies, crushed
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 package white almond bark  (i just used semi-sweet chocolate chips)
1 package chocolate almond bark (I just used white chocolate chips)
Directions1. Using a  hand held mixer, mix Oreos and cream cheese together.
2. Roll into walnut size balls.
3. Chill for an hour. (stick them in the freezer for about 10 minutes...it's faster)
4. Melt approximately 3/4 package of white almond bark.
5. Stick a toothpick in an Oreo ball and dip it in the melted white almond bark.
6. Allow to harden on wax paper.
7. Takes about 15 min.
8. While waiting, melt about 1/4 package of chocolate almond bark.
9. When Oreo balls are no longer sticky to the touch, decorate with drizzles of chocolate and white almond bark. I added food coloring to the white bark to make them more festive.
10. I just use a sandwich bag with a tiny hole cut in one corner to drizzle the almond bark

No comments:

Post a Comment